What will Happen?
- You may eat and drink as usual prior to the test and you do not need to remove your hearing aid or glasses.
- Clothes can be kept on, although we will need to have access to your entire neck and collarbone.
- A water-based gel, which may feel cold, and a probe will be placed onto your neck (see above image).
- Images will appear on the screen of your blood vessels, similar to the picture above. You may hear some noises from the machine but this is perfectly routine.
- A clinical vascular scientist (who might be male or female) will perform and interpret your ultrasound scan.